The Residency Experience
The Providence Church Residency is a nine-month program which helps men and women who are interested in vocational ministry to strengthen their gifts and clarify their call to ministry. The Residency combines biblical training with hands-on ministry experience to prepare each Resident for a life of effective ministry.
Residents will spend most of their time working within a specific ministry of Providence and learning what it takes to run an effective ministry within the context of the local church, while also occasionally serving in other areas of the church. Residents will also receive biblical training through weekly Resident Meetings and reading assignments.
During their time at Providence Church, Residents will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Become a Covenant Member at Providence Church
- Actively participate in a Community Group
- Complete 20 hours of weekly work and service at Providence Church
- Complete all assigned work projects in a timely manner
Who Should Apply?
The Residency is open to men and women who are seeking to gain ministry experience in the context of a local church and want to be further trained for ministry. Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Must qualify as a member of Providence Church
- Must affirm the Providence Church Statement of Faith
- Have at least one year of consistent local church membership
Residency Tracks for 2022-2023
The following are the available Residency Tracks for 2021-2022. To apply for the Residency, click the link below.
- Children’s Ministry
- Providence Students
- Community Groups and Connections
- Providence Young Adults
Where: Providence Church in Frisco, TX
Duration: Nine Months (September-May)
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week.
Benefits: Providence Church does not offer insurance benefits to Residents.
Application Deadline: July 15