The Providence Church Residency aims to equip leaders who want to serve in the local church. Residents will receive hands-on ministry experience and mentorship in a particular ministry at Providence Church.
The Residency Experience
The Providence Church Residency is a nine-month opportunity to receive training in a specific ministry at Providence Church. Residents will work with a specific area of ministry and receive one-on-one training while learning what it takes to run an effective ministry within the context of the local church. Through mentorship, experience, and training, Residents will be further equipped for a life of faithful ministry.
During their time at Providence Church, Residents will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Become a Covenant Member at Providence Church
- Actively participate in a Community Group
- Complete 20 hours of weekly work and service at Providence Church
- Complete all assigned work projects in a timely manner
Who Should Apply?
The Residency is for those who want to serve in vocational ministry and who are looking to gain ministry experience in the context of a local church. Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Must qualify as a member of Providence Church
- Must affirm the Providence Church Statement of Faith
- Have at least one year of consistent local church membership.
Residency Tracks for 2020-2021
The following are the available Residency Tracks for 2020-2021. To apply for the Residency, click the link below.
- Children’s Ministry
- Providence Students (6th-12th grade)
- Providence Young Adults
- Women’s Ministry
Where: Providence Church in Frisco, TX
Duration: Nine Months (September-May)
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week. Tuesday mornings are required. The remainder of hours will be determined by the Resident’s ministry leader.
Benefits: Providence Church does not offer insurance benefits to interns.
Application Deadline: June 15