Community Groups are a place for us to study God’s word together, love one another, serve our community, and participate in the mission of God for his glory and our joy.
Making Disciples in Community
Our goal at Providence Church is to be a body of believers engaged in glorifying God by making disciples through the gospel, in community and on mission. Community groups are one of the main ways we see this happen at Providence. We believe that active involvement in community is important for your spiritual health as a part of this local church.
Distinctives of Community Groups at Providence
1) They are largely geographically located
2) They are diverse in that we want them to reflect the family of God in both gender, race, and age
3) They meet regularly throughout the month
4) They fellowship together
5) They study the Bible together
6) They pray together
7) They hold each other accountable
8) They bear one another’s burdens
9) They provide support and help
10) They serve together
11) They focus on discipleship
12) They engage in Christ's mission
What Community Groups are not:
1) It is NOT a sermon
2) It is NOT merely a Bible Study
3) It is NOT merely a prayer meeting
4) It is NOT merely a social gathering
5) It is NOT just about the individual
6) It is NOT going to meet all your needs
How do I join a Community Group?
For anyone interested in getting involved at Providence, the first step is to attend Starting Point. This is the entry point for getting connected at Providence. At Starting Point, Pastor Afshin will present the grand message of the Bible, point you to ways to get connected, and answer any questions you may have.
Once you've learned more about Providence and decide to get plugged in, we invite you to join us at our next Community Group Launch! At Launch, you hear the vision and structure of our Community Groups. You will also get the opportunity to meet our Community Group leadership as you find a group for you to plug into. Our next Launch is Sunday, September 16th, 2018. Register for Launch here.
What to Expect
Groups are made up of men and women from all generations of life, who strive to consider each other’s needs over themselves and spur each other toward Godliness. Each group is filled with disciples who find their identity in Christ, who worship Jesus together, and who care for and counsel one another. Together, they live on mission to see more people know and glorify God through Jesus Christ.
Community groups usually consist of 8-15 adults who meet on a regular basis in someone’s home to study and discuss the Bible, pray for one another, care for one another, serve the local community, and share the Gospel with non-believers. Groups meet in neighborhoods throughout our area on various nights of the week.