Awaken: You--How to Pray
Pray with us for revival and awakening in our hearts, our church, our community, and our world.
Editor's Note: Join us for prayer gatherings in the sanctuary on the next four Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. or p.m. (Aug. 30; Sept. 6, 13, 20).
“Awake, O sleeper,
and arise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”
How to pray the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13):
“Our Father in heaven (1),
hallowed be your name (2).
Your kingdom come,
your will be done (3),
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread (4),
and forgive us our debts (5),
as we also have forgiven our debtors (6).
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil (7).”
1. Our Father – Father, as your child, awaken my heart to know you intimately through a passionate pursuit of your Son, Jesus Christ (John 17:3).
2. Hallowed be your name – God, awaken my heart with a longing to see your name glorified through all that I do, and make me a gospel witness to those who don’t know Jesus (1 Corinthians 10:31; 2 Corinthians 5:20).
3. Your kingdom come, your will be done – Lord, I want my life to conform to your perfect will. Transform my life so I reflect you more fully. Awake in me a desire to see your kingdom expand above everything else (Romans 12:2).
4. Give us this day our daily bread – Lord, awaken my heart to see all that you have blessed me with as a gift of grace. Give me a spirit of gratitude that understands I am a steward not an owner of all you have given me (1 Corinthians 4:7; James 1:17).
5. Forgive us our debts – God, I confess my sin against you and ask for forgiveness. Give me insight about anyone from whom I need to seek forgiveness (1 John 1:9).
6. As we also have forgiven our debtors – Lord, give me a humble spirit that takes initiative to reconcile my relationships. God, bring healing to my marriage (Ephesians 2:14-16).
7. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil – Lord, give me the courage to bring my sins into the light with my brothers or sisters in the church. Give me a determination to do whatever it takes to put barriers in my life to fight temptation (James 5:16).
More in Blog
April 7, 2020Providence Students - It Is Finished: Our Steadfast Hope
April 7, 2020Providence Young Adults - April 7, 2020
April 5, 2020Worship at Home - Sunday, April 5